Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Just received two (huge) care packages from the EDSS department!  Filled with really great, useful, and creative items - brownies, trail mix, water mixers, fruit roll-ups, rice krispie treats, chapstick, jerky, body wash, a RUBIKS cube (which I hope won't take me until the end of deployment to solve...ha!), sunblock, sheet music for guitar, and so much more!  I absolutely love everything and already started eating the brownies...YUM. You guys are awesome and continue to blow me away with the care packages.  I spread the wealth to the Soldiers here and they enjoy it as well - thank you all so much!

 
The countdown is around 4.5 months!  I'm trying to stay positive and busy.  I'll be finishing up my first couple classes of grad school shortly and I've been training for a 1/2 marathon while I've been here.  I also just started Crossfit and I think I'm addicted...

Thank you again to my EDSS friends back home, can't wait to see you all again soon!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the GREAT work Rachel! It was aweseome seeing your video in the Town Hall earlier this week. That is a LOT of sand over there but the camels look really cool.

Take care and we look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Everett

Rachel said...

Thank you Everett! Yes, a ton of sand - I will be glad when I do not have to see sand for awhile haha I'll see y'all again soon!

-Rachel