Monday, April 8, 2013

Boots on ground

After about 24hours of travel, I have finally arrived at Camp Buehring, Kuwait. Been here a few days now and am still adjusting to the time change.  The best description is that it is a large and giant sandbox. Saw a few herds of camels roaming around the desert which was neat to see.  The sun rises here at about 0430 and the day heats up from there.  Today it feels like Texas in the summer so I am pretty used to that.  Can't even imagine what the Kuwait summer has in store for us.  Living conditions are not too bad, we are in a tent for the next week or so.  There is a Taco Bell and a Panda Oriental (knock off of Panda Express) and I'm pretty sure they both use camel meat but that's just my opinion. Haha. The chow hall is over half a mile away so that has been a pain to walk to with the sun blaring down and the sand blowing in your eyes.  The food isn't too bad but they aren't too clean here so the flies land all over the food - have to get into the right mindset to eat after seeing that haha. The MWR and USO are awesome!  They offer tons of TVs, video games, a music room, and even free phone calls.  I'll be taking some pictures to upload in the next few days. I know some of my friends at work were asking for my address and I typed that below. If you all do want to send anything as a morale booster it would be extremely appreciated!  Also, if anyone wants me to send them anything from here, just let me know!  



1LT Rachel Rinaldi 
C Co 449ASB
Camp Buehring, Kuwait
APO AE 09330

No comments: